Thursday, July 22, 2010

Pantry cupboards (in transition)

The pantry cupboards that we are installing, were already here. Warner said that they needed burned. But "my mother" was coming out in me and I just couldn't throw them away, just to go spend several hundred/thousand on new ones. So therefore, I decided to paint them and then do an antique glaze over that. The stain that Warner bought was darker than I had in mind; 'practicing my submission' I just went ahead and used it! And I was going to use the oil base polyurethane,that we already had, for the insides, but Warner said that it would stink too bad. And being a wife who is in subjection to her husband.... and the daughter that my mother raised (frugal that is).... I couldn't throw away the mostly full can of stain/poly that was left over after I glazed the cupboards or just burn gas to run into town for one little thing. So instead, I used it on the insides of the cupboards.

Step 1.

The doors .... before....

and .... after.



Will update with the finished product soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the look! Good thinking. Chari Martin