So I said that the laundry room was going to be my little project room! I was going to finish it; ---that is--- after Warner built it. Well ....
And .... oh yeah, the paint...
well ...
we had some red and yellow paints left over from our little "wild experimenting". But don't worry it was a much cheaper and very muchly less addicting kind of experimenting kind of thing. You see I wanted color and .... we had COLOR. (two very nice colors ... just not side by side) And well it didn't turn out just like I had envisioned. But my husband is very patient and loving. And like times before he changed my plans; for the better! And now instead of ketchup on the kitchen walls and mustard on the ones in the entryway. We have tan walls with "light saddle" cabinets for a very elegant effect. Warner's new idea included using pre-finished cabinets which subtracted a couple of weeks time and alot of extra work or me. As I was going to do a white painted over unfinished cabinets and then a brown (antique) gel stain over that. Very cute BUT very time comsuming! So it didn't take much to convince me (after my paint-fume-experimenting) Having a completed kitchen SOONER sounded goooood to me !!
Oh yes, where was I, ---- So we had some paint left over! ----
And well Warner thought pink was a good color for a laundry room. So I started mixing red and white. And pink is a very nice color; don't get me wrong. (My daughter taught me that!) But on the walls this seemed a bit in you face - pink. And might I add it was right beside a BLUE bathroom. So I thought maybe a little lighter. Then, you know, that bathroom is blue; so if I add a little of that blue -- the room next to it would flow nicely, right!?! SO this beautiful purple was born! (did I mention that purple was my favorite color as a little girl)
Oh, yes! Tile work isn't just for guys! Eye & ear protection should always be worn while using a LOUD grinder to cut tile. There were only a couple pieces that needed cut this way. The others were just scribed and broken.
Then after they were all laid and set; they must be grouted and then washed multiple times. Then sealer is applied to protect the grout from getting stained.
And then it's ready for the Washer & Dryer.
Aaaahh! Clean laundry once again!
Well, yes it's not totally done yet. The cupboards are in the painting & editing process, but will be up soon!
And that my friends is just a small part of what has kept me busy these last few weeks. I know it normally wouldn't take a week or two to do this; but when you are also the woman of the house/chef/ carpenter's assistant/etc. I'm not complaining --- I'm just saying --- sometimes a woman's just gotta do what she can in between the distractions.
It was a lot of fun learning/prooving my knew skills. Warner is a wonderful carpenter capable of anything & he does a great job. And as much fun as it all was I'll just keep my position as domestic engineer and as his assistant (assisting with design ideas, bookkeeping, motivation, AND "the other end of the board" kind of things).
I'd say purple is a great color for a laundry room!
--CC
Aaaahh! Clean laundry once again!
Well, yes it's not totally done yet. The cupboards are in the painting & editing process, but will be up soon!
And that my friends is just a small part of what has kept me busy these last few weeks. I know it normally wouldn't take a week or two to do this; but when you are also the woman of the house/chef/ carpenter's assistant/etc. I'm not complaining --- I'm just saying --- sometimes a woman's just gotta do what she can in between the distractions.
It was a lot of fun learning/prooving my knew skills. Warner is a wonderful carpenter capable of anything & he does a great job. And as much fun as it all was I'll just keep my position as domestic engineer and as his assistant (assisting with design ideas, bookkeeping, motivation, AND "the other end of the board" kind of things).
I'd say purple is a great color for a laundry room!
--CC
10 comments:
Beautiful job well done! Nice you two work so well together!
A lovely happy ending... or beginning, however you look at it!
Can't wait to come see it! ;)
I love the purple, I would definitely choose purple over pink. It's soo nice to have a fresh laundry room. Congrats on doing it yourself - you are very brave.
Well done! I love your laundry room. The whole room in pink would've given me a headache... :)
I have just completed a two-room and one furniture renovation-madness and the feeling afterwards is incredible. A mix of happy-that-its-done and what-am-i-gonna-do-next.
Can't wait to see what you guys are up next...
I *do* like the purple color! I don't know that the pink would have looked so well, either...I agree! You would have felt like you were washing your clothes amongst Pepto Bismol. ha! :) Good job! Keep it up! :)
Love your laundry room! Can't wait to see y'all's house when you're all done! It's going to be gorgeous!
Also, I love a girl that works! Yesterday, I was out painting our camper and one of the neighbors said "Girl, are YOU painting?" Obviously, she doesn't know me too well...But, yes, OF COURSE I'm painting!
Crystal, it sure looks like you and Warner have been working hard and I've got to tell you...I love purple. I had a bedroom just a shade lighter than that when I was in H.S. So, to me it's beautiful. I missed seeing you both when I was in WY this summer. Glad to be able to stay in touch through your blog. Chari Martin
Wow, I am impressed!! I've been my hubby's assistant on many a project, but I haven't tried to do much on my own. I may just do it now, you've inspired me. :) I love the purple too. Your house is looking great!
love the purple color in the laundry room. The house is looking good :)
Post a Comment