Monday, November 1, 2010

Fall 2010

Warner's new smoker/grill he made out of the old propane tank that was here when we bought the place. And it's back on the same concrete slab. And it sure makes for some good eating!!!
Coconut cream pie....very yummy!
An interesting tree we found while bushwacking our way to the northwest corner post of our property yesterday.
AND our fall garden...
Yeah... yea... DON'T give the corn Warner planted much thought. He wanted to plant it just for fun, even though I told him it was way past time to plant a fall crop. It is tasseling. ;) BUT the snow & sugar-snap peas are doing well. We've picked and eaten our first ones already!! Now just need to plant some spinach and maybe some other such cool crops. Although it didn't seem so cool today!! 80* with 67* humidity -- I want the real fall weather back, please!

3 comments:

Helen said...

wow a fall garden--ambitious--I'm actually thrilled that my garden is done for the season and I can pretty soon (after all the leaves are raked) just worry about the inside of my house!! Hot cocoa watching the snow fall :)

Jen said...

WOW. WHY does Warner's new grill/smoker NOT surprise me?!? Let me know when you put the pig on and we'll caravan on down from L-town for the pig roast!! haha!

By the way...I think it's time for another BELLY picture!! :) I wanna see how the sweet pea is growing.

Thinking of you LOTS... xoxo

Sandy said...

It's been warm here too. Had a beautifully sunny day in the 60's. I remember last year this time, we had 4 snowstorms already!