Friday, May 28, 2010

Boondockin'

For the uninitiated, boondockin' is something we used to do with our snowmobiles in the mountains in Wyoming. Basically you just take off through the trees in about 6 to 10 foot deep snow and see how far you can go before you get stuck or crash. It becomes a game of split second reactions because if you hesitate for a moment to decide whether to go left or right you will loose too much speed and get stuck in the soft snow. Great fun!

Well, I found a new machine for boondockin' in Texas. Difference is it involves brush, vines, saplings, and trees. Oh yeah, holes and hills. If you hesitate for a second you get stuck or wreck the tractor. So far I've been lucky enough to narrowly avoid the latter.


I've run over trees as big as 14 feet tall and 2 1/2 inch in diameter - no problemsky!

Here's a good picture of my sweet wife on the "new" tractor (1951 John Deere M).


--W

5 comments:

Jen said...

For some reason, the pictures aren't showing for me! :( Could you try reloading them and then I'll look again?

Judy Cronk said...

Somehow you must have missed the Cronk "go cautiously" gene! :-)

Crystal & Warner said...

@ Jen -- Try again, I re-posted the pictures.

@ Judy --- I think it's the Hottell coming out in him. ;)

Aaron & Cassie said...

Lol. I read this, thinking it was Crystal writing. I thought "hm...I may have to give it a try." You'll have to show us how to do it sometime!

Jen said...

It worked! I can see the pictures now! You look just TOO HAPPY on top of that tractor, my dear! :)