Thursday, June 24, 2010

I need your help!!!

So I'm needing to design some business cards for our business, to have printed. Because as soon as we are done remodeling our house Warner intends to be a carpenter/contractor again. We have entertained the idea of changing our name; since we've moved. Warner thinks a name that leaves customers with an image in their minds to remember would be good.
So I would like ANY and ALL of your ideas. --- I really NEED your help!

I think it should sound really professional but not tooo ridiculous. AND a good catchy slogan would be nice too! :o) He is already getting some calls/referrals for jobs SO I really need to get on the ball and get him some cards printed! I'd would really LOVE to hear your ideas no matter how crazy you think they seem. And if you need to you can just comment anonymously! ;)

Some of the ideas we've had are:
-Blue Ribbon Builders
-Golden Hammer Construction
-Cronk & Co.

Oh, & .......

What do you think sounds better??
-Construction
-Contracting
-Carpentry
-Building



~ If you LOOK leave a COMMENT~

7 comments:

Neisha said...

Cronk & Co.
Construction (or) Carpentry

Kristi said...

I can't think of a good name but, I think construction sounds better. It might just be because that is what my dad has in his business name!

All American Family said...

I don't have a catachy little name to throw out there right now but...

construction & building - sounds like only new construction to me

contracting - I wouldn't necessarily know what kind of contracting he's doing; it could be Heating/AC, plumbing, fence building, roofing, service swimming pools, pressure washing parking lots, etc.

carpentry - has my vote as it sounds the most like what I *think he wants to do...re-model already existing homes

Of the names you've already put out there, I like Cronk & Co. I think it's a name that people can remember

Jeanette said...

I kinda like Cronk Building. althought that doesn't specify what he does. Master lego builer, home builder, bridge builder.........


eh...much tooo complicated to come up with a name!

Jen said...

Oh, man, I don't know...I do know that I would like construction better (or even carpentry). I don't like building or contracting. If I were to look up in the phone book companies that do remodeling or whatever, I'd go right to the construction pages. It doesn't mean that I've got the right "understanding" of it, but I'm just sayin' that it's where I'd go. :)

For business names...here are my ideas:

Twin Oaks Construction

Circle J Construction (Circle would represent the circle of life and the "J" being in honor of Jasmarie :)

Western Winds Construction

Aspen Construction Co.

Skytimes said...

Namewise I like Cronk & Co. Together with the "construction" you'd have three C's... would make a nice icon.

I think the words construction & building leave a wider range of what you guys can offer. But I'm not a native so I won't go further here.

If I get that right, you work mostly with wood. What about printing your business-card on thin slices of veneer? You let somebody do a stamp instead (by your layout... here I get them for 20€), cut out rectangles from veneer and stamp your own cards (and envelopes, etc) as you need them - or as you fancy colourwise.

Just what came to my mind... Good luck with it!

Sandy said...

I know nothing about this business, but I always like a business name that lets you know what type of business it is...like Cronk & Co. wouldn't tell me what kind of business, but Cronk Construction Co., would.`