Monday, August 2, 2010

Color Quizz!!

It's QUIZ Time!
Warner and I intend to paint these two sets of doors. I'd like to add a nice fleck of color, but am not exactly sure as to what color would look best and blend with the rest of the house. So I need y'alls help. The sofa and love seat are a dark maroon color. I'd like something to compliment the colors that are already here.

Don't be afraid to "take the quiz" there might even be a supprise if we use your color suggestion!
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Amber said...

I thought dark red right away, but I have a red door, so I may be partial. Maybe you could match the color of the chairs?

BTW...one of the friends from WI who checks your blog from time to time :)

Neisha said...

red or a blue would be neat. depends on how much you want the doors to stand out

Jen said...

Crystal, What about a dark blue (navy blue?) or dark brown? I think that a brown color would make things look homey. Some colors that came up when I googled "colors that match maroon" were mustard, sage, taupe (a tanish-brown color) and...grey. What you already have. :)

Just some ideas!

Judy Cronk said...

Sorry-I have no suggestions, BUT what you have done looks very nice!
Hope Becky and Mark get over to see you!

Skytimes said...

Considering the bright earthy colours of your walls and the dark maroon couch... I guess I would choose a dark red for the doors. Similar to the colour of a good drop of bordeaux-wine (alcohol helps to be precise).

Have fun!

Sandy said...

Dark green, dark gray-blue or golden brown like the ceiling beam. Personally, I prefer light colors to connect the ceiling and counter/bar. Such as a light warm gray and definitely would keep the white trim no matter what color you choose.

Jane said...

Crystal! Your place is looking so great!! How fun for it to be feeling like home! WHatever you choose for the doors will be perfect. ;o) and if it isn't you can always repaint them!! Hope your doing great and the counter tops looks fabulous as well!! Happy days to both of you!

Wifey said...

To throw things totally off, I will add that if you aren't liking any of the color suggestions you could do the following:

Cover your couches a totally diff. color (or neutral color) and then you have lots more options. I do agree with going with something more contrasting to red, since you already have red and want more color splashed in there. I liked Jen's mustard and sage suggestions.

Enjoy making the decision and getting it done. It's fun to change things up. ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Crystal,
How about the color cinnamon? If you could find the right shade, it might work. It's been fun following your house updates. I think of you a lot and hope that your new home is just what you want it to be. Take care. Chari Martin (Jen's mom)

Kristi said...

I would do a color of brown like in the wood in the table and ceiling and ceiling fans. But I like brown. If you want a totally different color, I liked the idea already mentioned of sage. :)

Anonymous said...

Well I guess that's what I get for not checking your blog out for a while!! What about a shade of brown maybe?? Or red, green, or blue!

candy said...

I'd go with a warm mustard color...not bright yellow mustard, but more of a chipotle mustard :)