Our new house looks pretty good on the outside. The interior isn't quite finished and the floor plan is terrible so there will be plenty to keep me busy for a while. I can't wait to bash in a few walls and sling some mud on some new ones.
The other side of the house has a nice big deck and a hot tub. A HOT TUB????????? Don't ask me what that's for. I told Crystal maybe it was for holding bait minnows, complete with a aeration system.
This is the well house where I spent most of the day yesterday trying to revive the well. The water looks likes some nice tasty lemon iced tea, but it sure doesn't smell like it. One guy told me I could have it tested but I don't really think that's necessary. I think I'm about ready to give up and call the public water guys.
Oh, this is another angle of the house that shows the trees a little better. There is about three acres that is open like this and the rest of the property is jungle/marsh. I really like the jungle and Crystal likes the cleared area so I think we both got what we wanted.
This is shot of the spring that has a nice trickle of water running through it. Every time I go over to it there is a frog sitting in the grass in the same spot and he knows just when to squeak and jump in the pond to make me jump.
This is another small beaver dam. Hopefully we can clean them up where you will be able to see them from the house.
Here we are turning off the highway onto our driveway. What a wondiferous feeling that was.
And my beautiful wife finally getting to mow some real grass after living in Laramie. I'm not too sure this tractor is going to be up to all the mowing that needs done around here.
7 comments:
have fun fixing up :) hot tub...nice :)
I love your house - and the surrounding land. I'd volunteer as a garden-slave if I'd be any closer to you guys. Sigh. Have fun getting your hands dirty!
I don't know if I will be able to come visit if you have snakes like that!! :)
It all sounds very exciting - except for the snakes. I'm sure you will transform the place Warner. You should probably take before and after pictures and submit them to this old house!
well it was sounding great....till you got to the snake part!
Congrats on the new place, can't wait to come visit!!!
Exciting to see pictures of your new home!! I'm sure you will have it whipped into shape in no time :)
Post a Comment