Sunday, August 10, 2014

Good helper

Before meeting this morning T was wanting to start a load of socks in the wash but it was time to leave.

K pucked on the way to meeting so she and I came back home and the boys went on without us. Since I was home I washed the socks.

So this afternoon when I reminded him that the clean socks needed moved from the washer to the dryer. He jumped off the couch; where dad was about to read him a book. Told dad, "hang up!" ( think he mixed 'hang on' and 'hold up') Dad was elated!  Then ran into the laundry room ....
 
After a bit I went to check on him

He had moved the socks, pulled up a chair so he could trun the knob and push the button to start the dryer. (and it was turned to right where I would have set it also)  he had also put K's pucked on carseat cover in the wash with a soap pod and started it on reg cycle. (I changed it to sanitize)

Now, any ideas on how I could get him to ALWAYS be this enthusiastic to obey?! (without all the whining) 
I have to say he does LOVE to help!!!

***(one day we were at a big group playdate and he got into an argument with another kid over a beanbag at cleanup time because "his mommy told him to put it away!!" I had *suggested* that he could. But he wasn't about to share his oppertunity to help ---- lesson on working together!)

No comments: